OracleXMLParser and   Entity

From: Aviv <ronensh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2002 07:20:58 -0700

Hello,

We are using OracleXMLParser V2.
We use the parser to build XMLDocument that contains HTML content, so it contains entities like &nbsp;.
[Quoted] The problem is when we parse string that contains &nbsp; the parser generates XMLDocument that contains character ASCII 160 (as part of text element) instead of Entity.
[Quoted] ASCII 160 is the right value for NonBreakableSpace but we need it as an Entity so we can generate the original string with &nbsp; for the user to edit.
For now traversing through XMLDocument gets text element the character ASCII 160 and not Entity &nbsp;

[Quoted] Does anyone have idea how to make the parser preserve the entities?

TIA. p.s.
The javadoc of org.w3c.dom say that this CAN be the implementation of parser, so this is a legal behave but we need it to work the other way. Received on Sun Aug 18 2002 - 16:20:58 CEST

Original text of this message