Re: Error during export

From: Ron Reidy <rereidy_at_indra.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:43:27 -0600

Zeb wrote:

> I have a problem with the export program. I start a export on a whole
> database using oracle default settings after a couple of hours and 4 gigs od
> dmp file i get " eport terminated system error 22" and the export stops. Its
> on a hp unix system and a i have lots of space left about 30 gigs.
> Anyone seen this before ??
From technet:

EXP-00002 error in writing to export file

Cause: Export could not write to the export file, probably because of a device error. This message is usually followed by a device message from the operating system.

Action: Take appropriate action to restore the device

I think the dump file size might have grown to more than 2GB limit or O/S limit. Please use FILE and FILESIZE parameters in the export parameter file to export to multiple files and also store these files in drives with adequate space.

--
Ron Reidy
Oracle DBA