Unable to connect to Oracle Expert repository

From: Ak <a_sood_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 13 Aug 2002 19:52:20 -0700

Hi,
[Quoted] I am attempting to connect to the database using Oracle Expert (I am not connecting to an OMS repository). I get the following error:

XP-21162: Database connection attempt has failed ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

The connect string in the tnsnames.ora is correct. I can connect to the database using other tools. I have two oracle homes on the machine running Oracle Expert. The tnsnames.ora file resides under the $ORACLE_HOME\net80\ADMIN\ directory.

Thanks! Received on Wed Aug 14 2002 - 04:52:20 CEST

Original text of this message