Oracle heterogeneous data access under UNIX

From: Jim <shija03_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Aug 2002 08:16:14 -0700

[Quoted] Is there anyway that Oracle under UNIX allows for querying flat text file (well delimited, either comma separated or fixed character fields) as if they were tables. I don't want to load the data into Oracle, but rather query the files as if they were external tables.

   Also, can Oracle link multiple non related database servers: i.e. MSSQL Server, Ingres, Sybase, MySQL and query all these external sources from within Oracle by creating some sort of link between Oracle and the external world?

   MSSQL 2000 can do this, and now I am trying to achieve the same using Oracle under UNIX.

   Thank you. Received on Tue Aug 13 2002 - 17:16:14 CEST

Original text of this message