Re: Saving database data in a file on the client PC - How?

From: Tony Matthews <tony.matthews_at_SpamJam.ds-s.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:29:55 +0100

[Quoted] "Gerard H. Pille" <ghp_at_skynet.be> wrote in message news:3D5448A7.6090502_at_skynet.be...

> You should put the file where your web server can find it, and then the
> form gives a web.show_document.
>
> The user's browser will ask him: you were sent file blabla, what do you
> want to do with it: open it, save it, shove it?
>
> It looks a bit simple as a solution, but I thought I'd mention it.
>
> --
>
> Gerard H. Pille

[Quoted] Thanks Gerard, but I've been told in no uncertain terms that I'n not allowed to put any files on the Forms server or the Web Server. Somehow, the data has to get straight from the Database Server to the client PC. We're using Forms V6.x.x by the way.

We do have a way of doing this at the moment, but it involves the user opening and using two other tools in addition to Forms. It's a bit cumbersome but it works, and that will probably have to do for now.

Anyway, thanks for yours and others contributions and suggestions.

Tony

To reply by e-mail, remove SpamJam from my address

--  --