Re: Cannot Log into Database from Forms6i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 06:44:51 +0200

On 10 Aug 2002 17:21:40 -0700, triniwebs_at_hotmail.com (nicole) wrote:

>HI All
>
>Newbie here. I have read every possible solution to resolve the errors
>ORA-12224 ORA-12541, ORA-12203 but none have been successful so far.
>
>I am running 2000 prof, orcl 9i db + have installed 2 databases in the
>process.
>
>When I try to connect to SQl*Plus using just scott/tiger or
>system/manager (no host string) I can log in fine.
>
>However when I try to connect to the db in Forms or Reports with
>scott/tiger_at_staceydb (the servicename/db name) it says:
>ORA-12541:TNS:no listener. So then I run LSNRCTL.exe and start the
>service but it says it is already running!
>
>Then I try overwriting the tnsnames.ora file in my forms6i directory
>../net80/admin from copying the one in orahome90/network/admin. Then
>I get either error
>1) ORA-12203 ``TNS:unable to connect to destination"
>2) ORA-12154 ``TNS:could not resolve service name"
>
>Can someone pls pls pls tell me what the problem is. I really need
>guidance as I have a project due in a cpl weeks for my course!!!! and
>I am going crazy! Is this a bug ??? because I read that many other ppl
>have been encountering the SAME problems!
>
>cheers
>stacey

12203 : You have a host name that doesn't exist 12154: you are using a service_name that can't be found in tnsnames.ora
Without posting your listener.ora, sqlnet.ora, tnsnames.ora and the value of the registry var TNS_ADMIN this problem can not be resolved by the group.
This problem is due to incorrect configuration on your side, it is definitely NOT a bug.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Aug 11 2002 - 06:44:51 CEST

Original text of this message