Cannot Log into Database from Forms6i

From: nicole <triniwebs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2002 17:21:40 -0700

[Quoted] HI All

Newbie here. I have read every possible solution to resolve the errors ORA-12224 ORA-12541, ORA-12203 but none have been successful so far.

I am running 2000 prof, orcl 9i db + have installed 2 databases in the process.

When I try to connect to SQl*Plus using just scott/tiger or system/manager (no host string) I can log in fine.

However when I try to connect to the db in Forms or Reports with scott/tiger_at_staceydb (the servicename/db name) it says: ORA-12541:TNS:no listener. So then I run LSNRCTL.exe and start the service but it says it is already running!

Then I try overwriting the tnsnames.ora file in my forms6i directory ../net80/admin from copying the one in orahome90/network/admin. Then I get either error
1) ORA-12203 ``TNS:unable to connect to destination" 2) ORA-12154 ``TNS:could not resolve service name"

Can someone pls pls pls tell me what the problem is. I really need guidance as I have a project due in a cpl weeks for my course!!!! and I am going crazy! Is this a bug ??? because I read that many other ppl have been encountering the SAME problems!

cheers
stacey Received on Sun Aug 11 2002 - 02:21:40 CEST

Original text of this message