Re: Oracle Report Header Size

From: spademan o---[)* <steve.eckersley_at_its.lancscc.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:32:24 +0100

>> > Hi
>> > I am using Oracle Reporter 6. I am getting large gaps between my header
and
>> > the main body whenever there is a new page.
>> > I do not have anything in the Header and Footer sections, they have
been
>> > left at the defaults. The text that I use for my header on each page is
>> > outside at the top of the margin for the body section (this is the only
way
>> > I could the "Header" text to appear on each page). The first page is
>> > formatted ok, but all subsequent pages have a large gap between my
"Header"
>> > and the first sub heading. How can I get rid of this gap?
>> >
>> > Any help appreciated.

Hello,
This sounds like a problem which I have met before, and after a day of stripping the report down I found the following solution which has worked for me a number of times since:

Create a text field at the top of the first page (where the text should appear on subsequent pages if properly aligned), just type 'testing' for example. Set the vertical elasticity property to 'Expand'.

I know it sounds crazy but try it. If it works then you can change the text to a number of spaces etc to hide it, or make it into a useful heading, heck its reports, you have to improvise a lot!!!

>> > Any good tutorials on Reporter about?

ROFL.

>> > thanks
>> > Stephen Gillitt

Let me know how you get on,

Steve E. Received on Thu Aug 08 2002 - 17:32:24 CEST

Original text of this message