Support for XMLType in OO4O

From: VBDeveloper <claudeemerymelanson_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2002 13:38:31 -0700

I am currently using Oracle9i release 2(9.2.0.1) along with Oracle9 client version(9.2.0.1).

I need to modify my project to support the XMLType datatype in Oracle9i, but I can't seem to insert into or select from a table which contains the new type.

Here's the error I'm getting when I perform a select: OIP-04796: Error in creating object instance

Here's the error when I perform an insert: OIP-04116: Cursor not ready for I-O

I'm developing in VB6 and connectin to Oracle via OO4O. Does OO4O not support this datatype? If not, what are my alternatives? Does Oracle plan to eventually support this?

I really need to use OO4O. Switching would mean re-writting thousands of lines of code.

[Quoted] Any help appreciated.
Thanks. Received on Thu Aug 01 2002 - 22:38:31 CEST

Original text of this message