Re: Reports 6.0.8 printing problem

From: Herbert Fukerider <herbert.fukerider_at_rfn.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:12:02 +0200

tiger wrote:
Hello,

We have a problem with reports (version 6.0.8)

The reports background engine always seems to use the default printer
 settings to format the report.

since we have reports in different paper sizes this gives problems.
E.g.  an A3 report prints on A4 paper because the default printer has
A4 paper size.

I wonder if anyone had the same problem.

We don't have this problem with reports 2.5 !

secondly,  how can I close the reports background engine from within
forms ? And how can I programmatically set the default printer ?

thanks in advance

Hello,
you can do different things in different locations:
- use report parameters with initial values for orientation, page size ...
- make these parameters visible in the reports param form window
- pass the required parameters from forms to reports

The latter option seems to be the most flexible way.
You can have forms choose everything you like and pass these
values to reports as parameters. Thus users can choose the
printer and forms passes the other required params needed like orientation,
paper size and more depending on the selected report.

--
  _/  _/_/_/ Herbert Fukerider Architekt BDA
 _/_/_/_/    Landgrabenstr. 52 90443 Nuernberg