Re: Rowcount, OCI and small memory questions

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 01:29:14 GMT

[Quoted] You don't have to retrieve all the rows, just retrieve the number you want. You could have a billion rows and as long as you don't try to display them etc. in ram on the client you are fine. Just because you issue a query it does not mean you have to retrieve ALL the rows; just retrieve a smaller number.

Jim