Oracle 7.3.4 Database and Export/Import: Questions

From: Walter L. Preuninger II <walterp_at_fnbhs.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 01:28:12 GMT

[Quoted] I have a 50GB database on NT.

I need to perform some serious DBA, but when I went to Oracle school, they showed me Oracle 8i. I have read every FAQ that I could find, and have several questions.

I can manage to get an export file created. I understand I need to drop the tablespaces and recreate them. How? I want to consolidate the multiple datafiles that have been created over time into one datafile per tablespace. Do I need to drop sequences and indexes? How do I rebuild them once the database is imported?

The structure of the database is completely foriegn to me.

About the only thing that I dont worry about is doing the backup prior to export/import... I have a Plasmon LTO 10.1 tape library...

Thank you for any advice, input or scripts you can send my way.

Thanks,

Walter L. Preuninger II Received on Tue Jul 30 2002 - 03:28:12 CEST

Original text of this message