Re: Setting up jobs with the Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 23:47:26 +0200

"David Simpson" <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net> wrote:

>Rick,
>I had a similar problem at a client site after the client promoted the
>Oracle database server to a BDC. We had to demote it, create both a local
>and domain account named "oracle" using the same password, make it a member
>of the ORA_DBA group along with giving it the "logon as a batch job" user
>right. It worked after we did this, and it continued to work after this
>server was re-promoted as the BDC.

This "logon as a batch job" user right is a good hint to be aware of. I think I didn't put the machine name in the account credentials: <MACHINE_NAME>\oracle
(for a local oracle account).

I will try again and see.

Thanks a lot

Rick Received on Sun Jul 28 2002 - 23:47:26 CEST

Original text of this message