Re: Make items visible/Invisible in ENTER_QUERY mode

From: Surfnet <jb_at_icuva.nl>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 16:30:57 +0200

"Sheldon Wang" <sheldonwang_at_shaw.ca> wrote in message news:Ih309.3849$Vj3.306843_at_news0.telusplanet.net...

> Thanks so much

Your welcome.

> "Joost Bataille" <j.r.l.m.batailleREMOVETHIS_at_uva.nl> wrote in message
> > Hello Sheldon,
> >
> > I'd say you need something like a 'when_validate_item' trigger in
> > enter-query mode, something that 'happens' after you entered the first
> value
> > is entered. All I can think of is to trap the execute_query button:
> > hide/view your items and put the form in enter-query mode again. This
> > requires an action by the user however. Or create a timer that starts
when
> > the forms is put in enter-query mode (not very convenient, I think)

There are a couple of other things that can be done when a form is in enter-query mode. You can execute the query or cancel it. You can also move to another item so maybe the key 'next_item' trigger can be usefull. The 'tab' key on the keyboard fires this trigger. Good luck.

--
Joost Bataille
University of Amsterdam ICT centre