SQL Backtrack for Oracle vs. RMAN

From: Wormie <ordeith_at_coruscant.net>
Date: 26 Jul 2002 10:05:55 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] At my company, we are big users of SQL Backtrack for our disaster recovery of our Oracle databases (we also use if for Informix, MSSQL, Sybase and Oracle NT).

However, we are being forced (from the top) to show hard dollar ROI for SQLBT in order to keep it as opposed to switching to RMAN (which none of us want to do).

Does anyone have any information on how SQL Backtrack is a better tool vs. RMAN. Specifically, how we can realize a return on investment using SQLBT, as opposed to using RMAN. It is difficult to do, since disaster recovery is sort of like an insurance policy.

Any input would be appreciated,

Thanks!

BTW, we are using Oracle 8.0.5 -> 8.1.7 on Sun and AIX. Received on Fri Jul 26 2002 - 19:05:55 CEST

Original text of this message