Re: CASE*Dictionary 5.0

From: Frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:15:43 +0200

Nanie Asedillo wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We have just transferred and reorganized our oracle database (7.1.6) to
> our new development server - which runs on Solaris 2.5.1 (E450, Sun4u
> architecture). The database and its applications are functioning as
> expected except our CASE*Dictionary.
>
> We are encountering an error with message such as this:
>
> ERROR : Cannot create report files write permission denied in
> directory
>
> The above message comes out when we are trying to GRANT ACCESS for a
> CASE*Dictionary user.
>
> Can somebody please help us find out whats the cause of this error? All
> the O.S. file permissions are OK.
>
> Please email me at nanie7510_at_yahoo.com
>
> Thanks, in advance, for all your help

This has nothing to do with CASE*Dict 5.1 (when do you migrate to 5.1?!?), but with file/directory permissions on a temporary directory!
I don't have the 5.0 manual, but there are some environment settings - one of the points to a diry where oracle (or better: the Case Dictionary Owner) does not have permissions to write. Check REPORTS_TEMP or similar.

Hth, grtz,
Frank Received on Wed Jul 24 2002 - 21:15:43 CEST

Original text of this message