Re: PDF/Excel Reports from Oracle RDF files

From: Chowdary <ps_chowdary_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 04:19:47 GMT

Thanks Carla for the input. But Oracle is removing support for Report server and it will be made part of App server. Even if we wanted to use report generation for web, we would like it to be available as a component rather than as a server itself, which needs lot more hw/sw/maintenance/integration pains with other Web servers.

So we are looking for cost effective way of supporting report generation funtionality with c/s interface, without much additional hw and sw.

If someone can give us a small tool to read Oracle RDF/REX/XML report format files and generate PDF/Excel (with client or server interface), then it will be great!

Srinivas