HELP iAS902 DISPLAY /etc/hosts settings

From: AF <af_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:45:43 -0700

Help Please:
[Quoted] Version: iAS902 on Redhat LINUX 7.3

Problem:
Seems to be a conflict in the settings required by ORACLE and LINUX. Need help properly configuring the settings.

The docs for iAS and iDB require that DISPLAY be set to the name of the Machine. For the example we will use the machine tahati.oracle.com export DISPLAY=tahati.oracle.com:0.0

Redhat sets up the /etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1 tahati.oracle.com tahati localhost.localdomain localhost

This setting will cause problems with the Intelligent Agent And I assume other problems with iAS as well. The install notes for the agent (and iDB9.2) states that the /etc/hosts file must be changed to: 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost 148.87.9.74 tahati.oracle.com tahati

With /etc/hosts and DISPLAY set to the required ORACLE settings all X applications will not work because of xhost. Executing xhost +tahati allows [Quoted] it to work but now I have what can only be described as inconsistent behavior.

Is it correct to set DISPLAY=localhost for iAS startup (after install is complete)?
Does any part of the system like forms, reports or em, use the DISPLAY env var while running?

Thanks for any help Received on Tue Jul 23 2002 - 20:45:43 CEST

Original text of this message