Re: Can not start JDeveloper on WinXP Home edition

From: kopek <matezuka_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2002 12:54:38 -0700

Nope. Does not look like it was the anti-virus software. I did have it. But after I shut it down, restart JDeveloper, same problem again. When I looked at the task manager, I could see the process caused the PC to run at 100% CPU, and it got stuck around 14.3 meg of memoray usage. Then all of a sudden, about 10 minutes later, the memory usage jumps to 60, 70 meg, and the JDev windows comes up. This is really driving me nuts. The fact that this is a new PC makes it all the more galling. I also have problem with downloaded large zipped file from ORACLE - not sure yet if this is specific to ORACLE. It actually took me ONE HOUR to open a 500meg zipped file from ORACLE. Same thing happened if I checked the property of the zipped file - yes, ONE HOUR [Quoted] to check the property of that file. Should I blame MSFT? ORACLE? The PC vendor? Absolutely no idea.

  • K. M.