Intermedia search does not return matches to lead-off text

From: Mike J <mjjwestford_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:06:17 -0400

Hello,

[Quoted] I believe I am having a somewhat unique problem that has not been resolved by dropping and recreating the context index. I am running two sets of tablespaces with a context index on each. Dropping and recreating the index [Quoted] on one tablespace solved this problem, but has not fixed the problem on the other.

[Quoted] All assets where I happen to full-text query on the lead-off text have to be [Quoted] queried with a % in front of the name. As in the example below where the lead-off text is 'nikon001.dsc' the only way to successfully return a match [Quoted] is by querying on '%nikon001.dsc'. I have been able to determine that this is the case for every search where the string I am looking for is the lead-off value of the TEXT column (datatype LONG) in the UOI_TEXT table.

The text column in uoi_text for this asset is: nikon001.dsc OTHER 1021653525818-2

Here the search succeeds:
SQL> select uoi_id from uois where CONTAINS(CONTENT_STATE, '%nikon001.dsc', 8) > 0;
UOI_ID

8ccd02e448bd0d7bea0
ebefbee69fe4b538b5dfc

[Quoted] Fails without the % in front:
SQL> select uoi_id from uois where CONTAINS(CONTENT_STATE, 'nikon001.dsc', 8) > 0;
no rows selected

Any ideas? Or has anyone else experienced this problem?

Mike Johnson Received on Mon Jul 22 2002 - 19:06:17 CEST

Original text of this message