Re: Problems with Oracle Client??

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2002 08:10:50 -0700

"Alex" <alexman_at_polbox.com> wrote in message news:<ahgo6o$bbl$1_at_news.tpi.pl>...
> 'some troubles' - it means that after the instalation process program is not
> responding. It's look so that the client was never installed. The same
> effect I have by Win95, W2000, Win XP - other way Win98 answer with "Program
> execute forbidden operation" (trnsl. f. Polish). Thats the way I think about
> work problems between P4 and application. It is possible? Have someone any
> Client patch?

Alex,
[Quoted] Previous post was to elaborate your problem a bit. Yes there is a bug in Oracle installer versions 8.1.5 thru 8.1.7 installing on P4 machines. But you have not specified whether you *cannot* run installer or there is some problem after the installation. Please provide if possible, Oracle version, OS, any Oracle error message, when do you get this error etc etc. It is impossible to provide a suitable answer if there is no information provided.

Regards
//Rauf Sarwar Received on Mon Jul 22 2002 - 17:10:50 CEST

Original text of this message