Reconstruct CREATE <objtype> Statements from existing DB

From: Wolfgang Fiedler <fiedler_at_sbox.TUGraz.at>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:17:05 +0200

Hello,

[Quoted] I have a Oracle 8i (8.1.6) Database running on Linux since nearly 2 years. During that time the database layout was modified very often (all column, delete column, add a lot of tables, add/mod/delete views|triggers|constraints,...)

Now I have a small set of initial CREATE stmts and countless ALTER ... and CREATE ... statements for the modifications.

Q:
Is there a way to reconstruct a set of CREATE <objecttype> statements from this existing database?
(For views and triggers this is quite easy, but for tables and constraints??) (A free Tool working on Unix is preferred)

TIA
        wolfgang

Wolfgang Fiedler  http://fiedler.vc-graz.ac.at   fiedler_at_sbox.tugraz.at
Student of Telematics at Graz University of Technology, Austria, Europe