Re: Library question and problem on Oracle 9.2.0.1client on AIX

From: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:04:41 GMT

lgittler_at_apsydev.com (Laurent Gittler) writes:

> I have two problems:
>
> 1/ The first one, is why the OCI libraries being provided as .a and not .so?

What difference does it make? They are shared libraries regardless of what their name is.

> If I extract the .o with ar, I can
> then call dynamically the library normally as I would in a Linux
> system.

You can call them dynamically without extracting, just read "man dlopen" on AIX and pay attention to RTLD_MEMBER flag. You should probably also read this:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/pdfs/aix_ll.pdf

> Is this the normal policy for AIX system,

Yes.

> 2/ On AIX with the follwing sample c program, I get an SIGILL signal

Are you sure the buffers you provided (ociLda and ociHda) are large enough? Try making them 64K and see if the problem goes away. If it does, they *are not* large enough and you have caused stack corruption.

Cheers,