Re: Help! Canceling an Oracle query thorugh ADO takes almost as long to run as the query itself.

From: Brian Peasey <bpeasey_at_doncarsys.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:33:08 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] We have a similar experience with PowerBuilder/Oracle. Apparently the cancel doesn't work until the first row is retrieved. Most our SQL statements are not extremely large or complex. Usually the problem is from a [Quoted] un-polished SQL statement.

I don't know ADO but it is possible that your cancel may be also waiting for [Quoted] the first row to be returned. Check your ADO help and see.

Best Regards,
Brian Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 15:33:08 CEST

Original text of this message