Library question and problem on Oracle 9.2.0.1client on AIX

From: Laurent Gittler <lgittler_at_apsydev.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2002 02:33:05 -0700

I am trying to use a AIX application that is connecting to an Oracle Database server through the OCI on AIX provided in the Oracle 9.2.0.1 database server.

I have two problems:

[Quoted] [Quoted] 1/ The first one, is why the OCI libraries being provided as .a and not .so?
This is true for both AIX Client 8.1.7.3 and 9.2.0.1? Basically a .a is an
archive of a .o whith added entry points. If I extract the .o with ar, I can
[Quoted] then call dynamically the library normally as I would in a Linux system.
Is this the normal policy for AIX system, how are we expected to call dynamically the library wihout have to link the application with all possibles versions of the library first (in fact in the same application we are calling dynimacally either the Oracle OCI or DB2 client or Sybase ct/lib.

[Quoted] [Quoted] 2/ On AIX with the follwing sample c program, I get an SIGILL signal error
at the end of the program after the end (long after the main) in the __exit
when the deallocation of resources are done. I reduced it to a sample test
case program to isolate the problem. Any idea of what is wrong, something I
should do and I don't ?

The server titanium is a 8.0.5 (but this is repeatable on any Oracle DBMS) and can be called OK from the AIX 5 9.2.0.1 client.

#include <dlfcn.h>

int main()
{
void *hDll;
void *pfnorlon, *pfnologof, *pfnocof;
char ociLda [1024];
char ociHda [256];
int rc;

hDll = dlopen("libclntsh.o", RTLD_NOW);
pfnorlon = dlsym(hDll, "orlon");
pfnologof = dlsym(hDll, "ologof");
pfnocof = dlsym(hDll, "ocof");

/* Connection */
rc = ((int (*)(char*, char*, char*, int, void*, int, int))pfnorlon)(ociLda, ociHda,
"system/manager_at_titanium", -1, 0, -1, 0); rc = ((int (*) (char*))pfnologof)(ociLda); dlclose(hDll);
}

Any ideas ? Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 11:33:05 CEST

Original text of this message