searching tool for copying tables on different servers

From: Markus Veith <markusveith_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:46:12 +0200

Hi,

[Quoted] first of all i am a newbie to oracle and maybe my question is really simple. I need to do the following. I have a Database at university. My username there ist veith and it contains a table named plane$ranges. Now i have also installed oracle server at home. And there i also created a user names veith. What i now want to do is to copy the table plane$ranges to my database at home. The server to connect to university is sumba and my localhost is markus. The Database both are StudCAD. Is there a tool that can do this for me? I have written a java application myself that copies the data from university to me at home, but this seems to be very slow. For the 9000000 lines of the plane$ranges table it needs about 2 or 3 days to copy. I think this should be able to do faster. And it can also be the case that i have to copy several tables. So a tool that can do it with any tablestructure would be much better. And what it should also be able to do is to continue at a special point with copying. If the databases are big than I maybe interrupt the copy process. But when i continue i do not want to copy the lines again that i already copied. I would be very glad to get help. Thanks in advance.

Greetings
Markus Veith Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 09:46:12 CEST

Original text of this message