Re: JDeveloper - parameters in view objects

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 23:24:09 +0200

On 17 Jul 2002 11:08:37 -0700, joemellors_at_aol.com (Joe Mellors) wrote:

>I'm new to JDeveloper and have been learning a little about view
>objects, entity objects etc. I have created a view object based on an
>entity object which contains all the fields of tableA. TableA has a
>composite key of (chapter, sub-chapter). What I want to do is show on
>the page a count of the number of sub-chapters for a particular
>chapter which the user specifies. So in the query page of the wizard
>for view objects I checked expert mode and entered the following SQL
>statement :
>
>select count(*) from tableA tableA where chapter = :chapter;
>
>The plan now is to set a value to the parameter but I can't see how to
>do it. I apologise in advance if I'm being really stupid but my only
>defence is I'm a newbie. I'll appreciate any help,
>
>Joe Mellors

Views do not allow parameters.
[Quoted] [Quoted] Your only escape is to refer to package variables in your view (the package variables must be defined in the package specification, in order to be public)

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 23:24:09 CEST

Original text of this message