Re: help: how do you find oracle home on windows

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2002 21:10:18 -0700

u705413818_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net (Joe Bayer) wrote in message news:<l.1026833106.1864440917@[64.94.198.252]>...
> *** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeed.com ***
>
> I might be a very easy question, but not for me who only works with unix until now.
>
> At unix, we can use env | grep ORA
>
> but what is the equivalent on Windows?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> --
> Sent by joebayerii from hotmail part from com
> This is a spam protected message. Please answer with reference header.

[Quoted] Welcome to the world of Windoze. You can't live with it and you can't kill it. Well I should not be so hostile...I use it a lot but then again I have no choice.

If you are familiar with the Windows registry then it will be easy for you. Just look up the value at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\[ORACLE_HOME]   to get the default Oracle home. If you have multiple Oracle versions installed on your machine then the home counter enumerates in registry at,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0...HOME1 and so on.

In that case you can query the value for each oracle home at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME<x>\[ORACLE_HOME].

You can invoke registry editor by using 16 bit utility regedit.exe or 32 bit regedt32.exe from command line. If you want to query registry programatically, then pretty much every Windows development tool has slew of functions to work on registry. If you want to do this from a batch script, you can use regedit.exe or regedt32.exe with command line switches.

HTH
//Rauf Sarwar Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 06:10:18 CEST

Original text of this message