Oracle 9i JDeveloper - Unable to find driver - Help!

From: Bruce - Personal Trainer <bruce92318_82173_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:14:43 GMT

Hello All ,

i want to connect to SQL SERVER with the microsoft driver from Java ( with Oracle 9i JDeveloper ) . then i did the following steps according to the walkthrough:

Using ConnectionWizard:
On the Type page, enter a connection name of SQLServer and in the Connection type dropdown list, choose Third Party JDBC Driver. Click Next.
On the Authentication page, enter the Username and Password and select the checkbox for Deploy password. Click Next.

On the Connection page, enter the Java class name and the URL. Java class name: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver URL: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433

On the Test page, click Test Connection. You should see a status message of "Success".

The directions say: If the error message states...."Unable to find driver" The problem is probably... a misspelling in the Java class name

THERE IS NO MISPELLING IN THE NAME - I CHECKED AND DOUBLE-CHECKED, and made sure the proper .jar files (msbase.jar, msutil.jar, mssqlserver.jar and weblogic.jar) are in the SQL Server library (libraries), as well as in the classpath (in Addtional Classpaths)..

Can someone please help? Is there maybe something I am overlooking?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 05:14:43 CEST

Original text of this message