Re: Sqlload; can I do math during the upload?

From: Bill Thorsteinson <billthor_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 14:20:00 -0400

[Quoted] On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:46:42 -0500, "David Van Zandt" <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net> wrote:

>I need to start with an Excel-generated CSV file, multiply an input column
>variable by a constant, and out-put only five out of perhaps twenty source
>columns. For example, the table would be an extract of columns 3,6,4, the
>string "xyz", and column 5 * 85%.
>
>While reading the same input record, I need a second row created but with
>string "zyx" and column 10 * .123.
>
>Then they want the results saved back in Excel, but that's the easy part.
>
>I'd appreciate any suggestions: this one's a tad harder than the manual's
>examples. TIA.

Look at the models for performing SQL during insert. I don't think you can use direct path. You need at least Oracle 8i to skip columns in SQL*Load.

I usually use a perl script to do this kind of processing. This looks like a very simple filter script.

/Bill Received on Sat Jul 13 2002 - 20:20:00 CEST

Original text of this message