Sqlload; can I do math during the upload?

From: David Van Zandt <dvanzandt_at_iquest.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:46:42 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] I need to start with an Excel-generated CSV file, multiply an input column variable by a constant, and out-put only five out of perhaps twenty source columns. For example, the table would be an extract of columns 3,6,4, the string "xyz", and column 5 * 85%.

[Quoted] While reading the same input record, I need a second row created but with string "zyx" and column 10 * .123.

[Quoted] Then they want the results saved back in Excel, but that's the easy part.

[Quoted] I'd appreciate any suggestions: this one's a tad harder than the manual's examples. TIA. Received on Sat Jul 13 2002 - 18:46:42 CEST

Original text of this message