Re: Oracle Forms 5.0 under Windows XP

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:00:24 GMT

"Hans Schrøder" wrote:

> Have any of you got any experience with running Forms 5.0 applications under
> Windows XP?
>
> The users are getting thrown out of Forms with a message that says something
> is wrong in MSVCRT.DLL. It seems the version of this file is 7 and something
> in Windows XP. The NT version is 6, and that works.
>
> Will there be other problems if version 6 of the .dll file is used in XP?
>
> A good answer would be highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Hans Schrøder
> Systems Analyst
> Elkem ASA, Norway
>
> hans.schroder_at_elkem.no

If they weren't I'd be surprised. What on earth would make a company spend money to upgrade to a new operating system that doesn't offer a bit of critical functionality and not spend money first to upgrade from unsupported software that is probably essential to running the business.

Upgrade to Developer 9i or your resume will do what your Forms app is doing ... crash like a cheap plane.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jul 12 2002 - 17:00:24 CEST

Original text of this message