Re: Oracle DBA, how?

From: David Simpson <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:49:23 GMT

Mark,

If you want to do silent installs of Oracle, you might want to take a look at
some of the scripts I have written which perform automated installations of Oracle 9i:
Here is a list of the scripts for a Solaris installation: http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/installgen_files_sol90 1.html

The Oracle Java installer makes use of installer response files in order to install the software onto your server. Here is an example response file which I have customized:
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/sol_901_32bit_files/in stallgen_sol901_64_.html

You can find example response files from Oracle on the 1st install CD for the database (cd #1 of 3) located within the "response" directory.You need to start with the file provided by Oracle, then customize it for your own installation needs.

If you find it more convenient, you can download all of the scripts here (for Oracle9i on Windows and
Solaris):
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/downloads/demo_software/index.html

David Simpson