Re: Porting database across hardware platforms

From: JohnO <john.d.osborne_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:38:10 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Yes, it seemed like export and import of the database would be the simplest and safest solution. What about data marshalling issues, such as the "endian" of numerics? Does exporting on one platform create a generic data structure that can be imported on a completely different HW platform correctly?

Thanks