Calling user exit in Unix host from Forms6i client

From: Rajesh Jayaprakash <rajesh.j_at_vsnl.net>
Date: 9 Jul 2002 23:43:39 -0700

Is it possible to call a user exit defined in a Unix host (Pro*C) from a Forms6i client running in Windows? Since user exits are bound to the Forms executable, I am not sure how this is possible in a client/server environment.

At present, we have a daemon process running in Unix that processes data created by the Forms6i application; we don't have any direct method of checking the result of this processing (other than populating this return code/message in a table). It would be ideal if the Forms client could know the result synchronously (as with a user exit). Is there any other means of achieving this?

Since the daemon process makes use of third-party C++ class libraries, we do not have the option of converting this to PL/SQL and invoking it directly from the Forms client.

Thanks and regards,

Rajesh Jayaprakash Received on Wed Jul 10 2002 - 08:43:39 CEST

Original text of this message