Re: Tools - CreateSQL

From: Tim Cross <tcross_at_pobox.une.edu.au>
Date: 10 Jul 2002 09:16:40 +1000

Martin Doherty <martin.doherty_at_oracle.com> writes:

> 1. Don't know
> 2. You can download a freeware tool called TOAD from www.toadsoft.com which
> will allow you to easily generate CREATE commands from an existing database.
> It is a client-server tool for Windows only, therefore you'll need to have
> Oracle Net8 or Net9 installed on your PC to be able to connect to the
> database. You will also have to insert the connection information into a file
> called tnsnames.ora.
>
> It would be helpful if you had mentioned the environment you're working in
> (Windows? Unix?) and the version of Oracle database you have.

There is also a "Toad Like" program available for many flavors of unix/linux as well as windows called Tora which will do the same thing - however I think it only works well with 8i upwards, but you do get the source code and how well it functions with a particular version of Oracle may depend ont he client libraries you compile it with.

Tim Received on Wed Jul 10 2002 - 01:16:40 CEST

Original text of this message