ntusnt error

From: Mahesh <hegdemk_at_lycos.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2002 20:46:11 -0700

[Quoted] Hi Oracle Gurus,

We have problem with ASP/Crystal Reports accessing Oracle on AIX. The Crystal Reports works fine on one NT server and fails to read the records from the database on another server.

Besides many other things, we did a client side trace of Oracle activity on the 2 NT Servers at the time of Crystal Reports execution and here are the differences that can potentially tell the root cause of the problem

  1. Development Server (on which the Crystal Reports call from ASP works) The program that tries to connect to Oracle is MTX.EXE The connection succeeds
  2. Production Server (on which the CR call from ASP fails) The program that tries to connect to Oracle is INETINFO.EXE The connection fails with the message:
    -<ERROR>- LoadLibrary on ntusnt returned error(126)
    -<ERROR>- nsres: id=0, op=77, ns=12538, ns2=12560; nt[0]=508, nt[1]=0,
    nt[2]=0 Call failed...

So we seem to be having an Oracle connection failure problem. We searched the Internet about 'ntusnt' reported in the error message and it seems to be an Oracle networking related DLL. When does ntusnt returns the error code 126 and what does it mean, does anybody know?

Why is one NT server using Mtx.Exe and other InetInfo.exe for Oracle connection? Any ideas?

Thanks for your help Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 05:46:11 CEST

Original text of this message