Re: Problem with Oracle 8i client & Oracle forms 6i

From: NorwoodThree <norwoodthree_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2002 10:30:10 -0700

Unfortunately, this happens from time to time.

My own personal recommendation would be the following:

  1. Un-install all Oracle software on the client using the ORACLE un-install process.
  2. Delete ALL references to Oracle in the registry.
  3. Delete all remaining directories/anything else left over from the Oracle installs.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Install Forms client.
  6. Install 817 client.
  7. Apply tnsnames.ora files to both directory trees.
  8. Reboot.

Should be okay now. Just my .02. Received on Fri Jul 05 2002 - 19:30:10 CEST

Original text of this message