Re: Question re SQLPlus

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:54:19 -0500

[Quoted] Be aware that that combination is not supported ( unless it is 9i on XP Professional, you neglected to provide that info).. [Quoted] [ it looks like a 8.0.x version, very old) Check where the environment variable ORACLE_HOME is 'pointing'... ( It should be a system environment variable so any user can read it) [Quoted] The PATH is not used to find the message files, just the BIN ( and maybe some Java-related ) directories, ORACLE_HOME [Quoted] controls the location for other stuff - like tnsnames.ora and all the message files - they are referenced as subdirectories [Quoted] of ORACLE_HOME..

..

"Mike Coldewey" <No_Spam4m_coldewey_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>A client has upgraded their OS to XP from 95. The Oracle Forms application
>works OK. But SQL Plus doesn't; it comes up with a message that it "can't
>find SP1<lang>.msb". The file "sp1us.msb" is in the \PLUS80 directory, but
>when I add that directory to the path, there is no change in behavior. How
>can I point to this, or what config file do I need to tweak?
>
>TIW,
>Mike

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! [Quoted] [Quoted] -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Mon Jul 01 2002 - 21:54:19 CEST

Original text of this message