Re: What's the best way to connect to oracle on NT

From: Zafer AKTAN <zafer_at_redshift.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:46:01 -0700

install oracle client on your NT machine. Then define the TENS_ADMIN environment variable (or if you familiar with registry, edit it accordingly). Copy (ftp) the tsunamis.oar and silent.oar files from your oracle server (talk to your dab if you do not know where they are located - I like to put them under /vary/opt/oracle on solaris). Then you will be able to use sqlplus to connect to your server. You can always use jdbc also as someone answered before. We are talking about client/server here. You can also use 9iAS to access from any client machine (NT or otherwise) to your database server. Oracle licensing issues need to be revisited not to be surprised later ;)
regards
Safer ACTON
Oracle DAB/Developer