Import Fromuser/Touser has problems with Views

From: Josh Sale <jsale_at_tril.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:25:41 -0600

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm importing a database and need to change the schema (e.g., fromuser=foo touser=bar).

All of the tables import OK. However, the export file includes a view definitions like:

    create view stuff as select col from foo.tab

[Quoted] and import doesn't change foo.tab to bar.tab in the view definition. This means the view can't be created because the referenced table doesn't exist.

[Quoted] Does anybody know a way around this?

[Quoted] Manually editing the view definition after the fact isn't very satisfactory because I need to reimport the schema periodically.

TIA, josh Received on Tue Jun 25 2002 - 19:25:41 CEST

Original text of this message