Re: weibull analysis in oracle

From: dnh <nigel_h_at_iname.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:03:06 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:15:45 GMT, Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:

>dnh wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I've been asked to look at developing a GUI screen, which will allow
>> the user to select the source data for the Weibull analysis as well as
>> the ability to override the Beta, Etta and Gamma variables used.
>>
>> Has anybody done weibull analysis using pl/sql (If it's possible)
>> and/or does anybody know of any available source code out there that I
>> can get.
>>
>> Failing that is there any commercial s/w available

>Weibull is a product. Oracle is a product. Can you better explain the
>connection?

<snip>

[Quoted] Weibull analysis isn't a product, it's a method for modelling datasets [Quoted] to make predictions about a products life, give failure rates, statistically establish warranty periods etc.

I'm looking for some pl/sql code to do the job or I'll have to do it myself. I just don't want to "reinvent the wheel"

nigel

Remove underscore to reply to nigel_h_at_iname.com