Oracle web applictation

From: Tom Holder <ta_holder_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 18:38:24 +0000 (UTC)

[Quoted] Hi All

I'm challenged with the task of creating an Oracle web app (in ASP.NET - I'll tackle this little problem when I get there).

So far I only have experience of developing web apps for SQL Server - although I am fairly proficient with SQL Server 2000 I have to say, after installing Oracle I am a little bit frightened.

Just so you can gage my level of experience this is how far I have got currently:

I've installed the database on a spare server. I've installed the client apps on my laptop and have worked out after a bit of work how to connect to the server with the enterprise manager app (how nasty is this by the way?).
I've created a user, but can't seem to log on as it. I've connected to the database through visual studio and can see loads of tables.

I have tried creating a table for my web app but I haven't got a clue which shema/table space or whatever they are called I should put them into.

Also, should the web app run off of one user? And is there a suitable default user or should I create one? If I need to create one what permissions should I give it?

Could someone please point me to some beginner documentation explaining all of the Oracle objects etc and where I should put stuff.

Also any good book references for a complete Oracle novice would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks for your help.
Tom Received on Sun Jun 23 2002 - 20:38:24 CEST

Original text of this message