Re: Calling SQL*Loader from a Procedure

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 22:33:33 +0200

Sqlloader is a separate product, it will always require a second logon/session.
That alone is a reason not to go on this route, you will be wasting resources.
Oracle can't help it developers are not acquainted with O/S resources. Sql*loader started off when those resources already existed for several decades, and pl/sql was in it's infancy. The O/S resources being present, why bother merging two applications into one? You seem to think Sql*loader is a 'simple' csv converter: it isn't, it can handle much more than that.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA