Exporting/Importing USER accounts

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 13:28:42 +0200

Hello

[Quoted] [Quoted] I recently imported several schemas from one Unix based DB to a fresh NT based one, which was set up fresh. But it was a pain since I had to recreate the corresponding users on the new DB, including their roles, privileges, etc.

Is there a way to extract this information as DDL scripts from a full dump made with the export utility?

As you might think, recreating these objects is prone to errors, so as a matter of fact some of them occurred.

I suppose that without the target accounts being there beforehand import would take place into the SYSTEM schema, which is bad...

Any hints?

Thanks

Rick Denoire Received on Sat Jun 22 2002 - 13:28:42 CEST

Original text of this message