Re: Problem with running Oracle pro-c binaries on different server - Illegal Instruction (Coredump)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 09:37:13 +0200

"Eric Levinson" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote in message news:14tQ8.2620$54.11230_at_typhoon.sonic.net...
> We are getting an error message when trying to run an application which
was
> compiled with Sun Workshop compiler with Oracle Pro*C 7.3.4. The same
> binary runs on a different server fine.
>
> When we do a TRUSS, we get the output:
>
> truss mkdbcustload -d
>
> execve("mkdbcustload", 0xEFFFFAD0, 0xEFFFFADC) argc = 2
>
> stat("mkdbcustload", 0xEFFFF7C8) = 0
>
> open("/var/ld/ld.config", O_RDONLY) Err#2 ENOENT
>
> Incurred fault #1, FLTILL %pc = 0x00033668
>
> siginfo: SIGILL ILL_ILLOPC addr=0x00033668
>
> Received signal #4, SIGILL [default]
>
> siginfo: SIGILL ILL_ILLOPC addr=0x00033668
>
> *** process killed ***
>

> Please respond to ericl at broderbund dot com.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

This
> open("/var/ld/ld.config", O_RDONLY) Err#2 ENOENT
would indicate /var/ld/ld.config doesn't exist on the target machine. There is also a fine chance you are running into problems because the 2 versions of the O/S are not *exactly* the same. I would always recompile, if possible, on the new server.

Broderbund.com, is that the game software company? What happened to them. In the past they were selling very popular games, but they seem to have fallen into obscurity here in Europe.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA