Calling SQL*Loader from a Procedure

From: Clyde <flyinghigh1962_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2002 00:03:21 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm creating an application(9i on W2000) where the user will need the [Quoted] [Quoted] ability to hit a button and load data from a .csv file in a given directory into the database. There would be a new file on a daily basis the user would need to load. My original assumption was to use SQL*Loader to move the data, but I'm having difficulty finding examples of how it can be called from a procedure. I'm familiar with SQL*Loader, and writing packages and procedures, but haven't had the need to put the two together until now. I'd rather not get into Pro*C if I can help it. Is there a simple way to call SQL*Loader from a procedure such as using DBMS_JOB, or some other Oracle supplied package? I believe all I would need to do would be to send a command, or a string, to the DOS prompt to kick off the SQL*Loader.

If I can't do this, what are my other options to load this data? Each of these files will probably be about 6M-10M.

All ideas, suggestions, and direction greatly appreciated!

Clyde Reed Received on Sat Jun 22 2002 - 09:03:21 CEST

Original text of this message