Re: how to perfrom search on big files

From: --B <akshard_at_vsnl.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:05:40 +0530

What about SQL Server, DB2, etc?
[Quoted] Do they provide this functionality or similar functionality like Oracle, mentioned by Thomas?
Is it that only Oracle supports latest stuff ?!!

Thanks.

"Thomas Kyte" <tkyte_at_oracle.com> wrote in

> >hi all,
> >
> >can anybody suggest me on how to perform search on large data(e.g.
essay),
> >size upto 32 kb, using DB?
> >Should I breakup the data into # of columns,each with 2000 bytes, and
> >search in each column , but I guess memory will be a problem because if I
> >return 100's of rows!!
> >Any ideas ?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >A.Dave
> >

> using interMedia text. put the data into a clob or blob (text or binary)
and

http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/inter.8 17/a77063/toc.htm