Re: Oracle 8.1.7 and Windows XP/2000

From: M Schenk <mr.schenk_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:11:44 GMT

We've been using 8.1.7 on Win2k Servers for our development and staging environments for about 9 months without any significant problems. (I believe we currently are at 8.1.7.2.. I seem to recall that at least one patch was necessary on the server on Windows)

Several of the developers (including myself) in the office have been using the Oracle client on XP for development without problems. I'm using the 8.1.7 client, some are using the 9i client.

We're only using OCI, ODBC, and the Oracle OLE-DB provider on the clients though.

There have been installation headaches with the 8.1.7 client on some specific Dell P4 machines... but not related to XP, they were Win2k.