Running a report in character mode from the web

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 20 Jun 2002 11:38:41 -0700

I have a metalink note that tells me how to run a report in character mode from a report using the srw package.

however, I want to call the report from a menu. Report has a paramater form and I want to export it to a file over the web.

I need to pass the following to the report like I can in srw.run_report

How do I convert the following to something I can run from run_product and from a .mmx?

srw.run_report('report=c:\output\cargooperationscontainer.RDF delimited_Hdr=no paramform=yes batch=no desformat=delimited delimiter=; destype=file desname=c:\output\container.xls mode=character printjob=no');

Also, I need to have a trigger in my report to capture 3 fields from the header and use the text_io package to put it in a second file. In forms, I use block.item. What do I do in reports. Do I do header.field? What type of trigger do I use? Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 20:38:41 CEST

Original text of this message